In this mysterious episode of the hellyeah! show, we talk tablets and patents, Alan gushes over an online printing service, Emory shares his secret shame, and we have polar opposite opinions on Star Trek: TNG S2E3.
Check out the show notes after the break…
Amazon making a tablet?
- Amazon applied for a trademark for “Lab126”, the group that makes the Kindle
- WSJ says Amazon tablet will be released before October
- Amazon has registered KindleScribe.com and KindleAir.com
HP TouchPad fire sale today
- $99 for 16 GB (was $399), $149 for 32 GB (was $499)
- became best-seller at Best Buy, Amazon, several other retailers
Google buys Motorola Mobility
- patents and culture clashes
PAX is this weekend
- Alan bought a Chrome mini metro for PAX
- Alan wholeheartedly recommends it
- these people are really good at printing
Emory’s secret shame
- his desk is forever messy
- Alan uses a Razer Orochi
- Emory uses a Logitech G9x and Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse
Star Trek: TNG S2E3
- Sherlock Holmes!
- holodeck infosec!
- Emory thinks it’s boring
1x04 hellyeah! show: it's elementary, my dear emory! [ 1:01:36 ] Play Now | Play in Popup | Download